News and Upcoming Events
- 4/28/2014 - We have several players competing in the Tennis State Championships at the University of Texas: Josh Minor (Sr)/John Jacob (Sr) competing in Boys Doubles, King Roy (So) competing in Boys Singles, and Shwetha Prabakar (Jr) competing in Girls Singles.
- 5/22/2014- End-of-Year Tennis Banquet
- 5/23/2014 – Interested in joining the Viper Tennis team? Join us for some hitting time with current players. Parents can come too and meet coaches and other parents. RSVP to Rebecca.Hudson@leanderisd.org (time TBD, location is VHS Tennis Courts)
- 8/13/2014-First day of tryouts for all students who are new to VHS and those not on the team last year. Tryouts are 8/13, 8/14, 8/15 – See Coach Hudson for details Rebecca.firstname.lastname@example.org
- 8/22/2014-First Varsity Tournament – Highland Park-2 Days
- 8/26/2014-First Varsity Match
Spring Season Results
John Jacob and Josh Minor -1st place Boys Doubles, on to state!
King Roy - 2nd place Boys Singles, on to state!
Shwetha Prabakar- 2nd place Girls Singles, on to state!
State is April 28 at UT Austin
King Roy-Boy’s Singles Champion
Shwetha Prabakar-Girl’s Singles Champion
Josh Minor and John Jacob-Boy’s Doubles Champions
Ali Hutchinson and Dani Cuteri-Girl’s Doubles Champions
Andrea Stapper-Girls Singles Runner-up
Johnny Zhang and Loryn Johnson-Mixed Doubles Runner-up
Garrett Reiter-3rd place Boy’s Singles
Sahil Mehta and Chris McKenzie-3rd Place Boy’s Doubles
Olivia vonOldenburg and Bridget Dillon-3rd place Girl’s Doubles
Adrian Sherwood-Boy’s -Singles Champion
Heather Kosumsuppamala-Girl’s Singles Champion
Alessandro Houshmand and Kyle Jacob –Boy’s Doubles Champions
Caroline Naples and Carolina Craus –Boy’s Doubles Champions
Sarah Bostic-Girl’s Singles Runner-up
Viper Tennis Action
Viper Regional Tennis players 2014
Viper District JV Players 2014
2014 Team Photo
About the Tennis Boosters
The Vandegrift High School Tennis Booster Club is an organization of parents with students in the high school tennis program whose goal is to support the Vandegrift tennis program both financially and through involvement in any and all activities to ensure the quality, safety, and enjoyment of the program.
Boosters is a great way to be involved in your child's sport. Plus, it is an excellent way to make new friends, both with other parents as well as getting to know the other students. The boosters are involved in various fundraising activities for the benefit of the program. The success of the program depends on your commitment!
What you can do:
- Join the Vandegrift High School Tennis Booster Club (VHSTBC)
- Attend booster meetings to stay informed. (Times and dates will be posted on the web site.)
- Assist with fundraising activities.
- Have fun while supporting our fantastic tennis program.
View a list of our Volunteer Opportunities.